Here’s what I’ve ordered to build my MythTV unit. I’ll let you know how I like it all once the stuff arrives <grin>
- Chenbro PC40522-BK Micro-ATX case, $46. It looks nice, sorta like a VCR, I guess.
- Biostar M7NCG 400 AMD Socket A Micro-ATX motherboard, $61. Has built-in TV out and S/PDIF digital audio out. Perfect for this project.
- AMD Athlon XP 2200+ CPU, $67. Wow, these things are cheap.
- Samsung 160GB ATA133 hard drive, $91. Got this particular one because it’s suposed to be really quiet.
- Kingston 256MB RAM, $46.
- Hauppauge PVR-350 TV capture card with hardware MPEG-2 encode and decode support, $165.
- IR blaster, homebrew: $8 of RadioShack parts.
Total cost: $484.